Gone are the days when losing a tooth owing to a tragic accident or rotting caused by bacteria meant living with a gaping space in your denture. Apart from affecting the confidence of the person affected, this space also meant a haunting tragedy for that person if the tooth was frontal. It became impossible to smile or laugh and the facial aesthetics were highly affected.
With the advent of technological advancements in the medical and dental field, teeth replacements, capping, and dental implants have become a norm. Further, cosmetic dental procedures, such as dental veneers and dental implants etc have also made it possible to maintain facial aesthetics no matter what is the extent of the damage.
In fact, the trend of dental implants has become so viral that people are getting them done even if there is no issue with the natural teeth just for improving their smiles and facial aesthetics. In the following sections, we are going to discuss the various reasons for getting dental implants.
So, if you have been wondering about getting dental implants treatment in Kochi, or you have been wishing to gather some authentic information about the same, look nowhere else and read the following post carefully.
Let us begin by understanding the dental implants.
What are dental implants and why you might need them?
The dental implants are artificial teeth in which a screw is fitted inside the jaw bone and the artificial tooth with a fitting piece is screwed over the piece sitting in the jaw bone. This way, the person has artificial teeth sitting in the cavity left by an extracted tooth and the person gets just the normal denture.
Just as there can be many different reasons for a dental extraction, there can be an equal number of reasons for dental implants. Some of the most common reasons for getting a dental implant are as follows:
- Severe tooth decay that cannot be dealt with regular or advanced filling and calls for an extraction.
- Any accident causing teeth injury or leading to teeth uprooting.
- Dental implants are a good solution for a patient that doesn’t want to wear an artificial denture.
- If a person has a fixed bridge dental treatment and is facing discomfort from the same, then the dentist recommends dental implants.
- Further, if the fixed bridge is causing deterioration of the jawbone the patient has to get dental implants.
- When a tooth extraction has been affected to a great degree and the jawbone deterioration changes the facial shape or the face appears sunken in that area, the dental implants are the only solution.
- There are many people that wish to get the perfect smile or that wish to enhance their facial aesthetics, such as actors etc. These people have to go for dental implants proactively.
Now that we have covered the various reasons that are commonly behind the dental implantation process, let us move on to exploring more about the topic.
Reasons You Must Consider Dental Implants Treatment in Kochi
1. Facial Aesthetics and Cosmetic Reasons
While beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, the societal beauty norms are binding and can affect persons with bad dentures. Sometimes, people employed in the professions relying on their appearance and beauty call for making such tough decisions, and people have to uproot the good teeth for enhancing their appearances.
Many times, the quality of water and eating habits damage the colour of teeth and lead to low confidence. In all such cases, dental implants are a perfect dental solution that you can seek.
2. Dental Illnesses
If you have dental troubles or rotting teeth that call for dental removal, then you might have to suffer from a number of after-effects such as a sunken face, deterioration of jawbone and displacement of the remaining teeth that were located nearby the extracted teeth. There are many people that wear dental bridges or wear dental caps.
These people might face certain issues such as rotting of the teeth lying underneath the bridges or caps; and pain or discomfort because of the grip of the cap. For all such patients, dental implants are a perfect solution.
3. Long-Lasting Solution
The dental implants are a long-lasting solution for the dental issues discussed in the previous sections. If maintained properly, they can last for the lifetime of a person without causing any discomfort.
So, all in all, dental implants allow you to live your life with renewed confidence and worth, while ensuring long-lasting results and protection from dental issues.
We hope this discussion proves helpful for all our readers and they can take an informed decision regarding taking the dental implants treatment in Kochi.
Thanks for reading!