Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan) is a crucial scheme providing income support to the farmers majority of whom are small and marginal and are vulnerable to the distresses of the farm sector to a large extent.
It is beyond any doubt that besides being debt ridden, the farm sector faces numerous challenges prominent of which are rising input cost, erratic weather and under pricing of products which leaves little money at the farmers’ disposal which greatly affects their life and hampers their progress.
Several steps have been there from time to time to liberate the farmers from adverse situations and in this wake
PM-KISAN(Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana) is a major one which has ensured monetary support to the beneficiary farmers in the form of DBT.
It is a Central Sector Scheme due to which funding rests totally with the union government.
Farmers can arrange for seeds, irrigation, and can also manage household needs with it.
What it is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Let’s go through some features of this scheme along with recent updates:
- It was incepted in February, 2019 to aid the small and marginal farmers with a total land holding of maximum 2 hectares with an annual amount of Rs.6000 per family.
- In June, 2019 the limit of land holding was dispensed with and all farm households regardless of their holdings became eligible for the annual grant. It was done to make it more inclusive.
- There occurs a disbursement of Rs.2000 every 4 months to the registered bank accounts of farmers.
- Ration card with all its details has been added as an essential document onwards October 2021 along with existing Aadhaar card, bank passbook and declaration form of the scheme.
- Submission of necessary details and documents has to be in soft copy on the official portal.
- Special exemption was there in place for Assam, Meghalaya, J&K and Ladakh regarding Aadhaar seeding of data related to beneficiaries. It was done as penetration of Aadhaar was less in these regions.
- There are helpline numbers to address the grievances related to non payment, rectification in details and others.
- One can check the payment status with the help of Aadhaar details and registered mobile number by accessing the official website.
Also Read: What If Bank Does Not Approve Home Loan?
☆There are some sections who do not come under the ambit of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme.
They can be listed as:
- Those having land registered in the name of parents or grandparents.
- If there is a pension which exceeds Rs.10,000.
- Anyone of the family filing tax returns.
- Some professionals like lawyers, Chartered accounts, Doctors etc. stand ineligible.
- Non availability of cultivable lands cannot get disbursement.
- If the farmer or the owner of the land is an employee with the government.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Official Website
Current Status of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN)
Recently, the 10th tranche of PM-KISAN was released on January 1, 2022 which credited over 10 crore beneficiaries’ accounts with around Rs 20,900 crore.
PM kisan samman nidhi 2021 10th kist date was 15 December, 2021.
Till now, the kisan samman nidhi status of around a total of 1.8 lakh crore has been given to the farmers after this recent one.
Why PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana A Big step?
This is a big help for our farmers who really need such assistance to augment their incomes and help them cope up during bad times.
Such a big disbursement to the needy ones without any involvement of middlemen is a remarkable feat.
This could become possible due to the financial inclusion which provided the banking access to a large unbanked population and also due to digital push by the government. Authorities have done well to remove any discrepancy by making the process transparent and regular.
Trinity of JAM (Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile) has helped to make these kinds of transfers smooth and error free.
It clearly shows that there is a commitment on the part of the union government to make every effective measure for the agricultural communities and stand by them every moment with all necessary resources.
Even the pandemic could not halt it and eligible ones continued to have their bank accounts getting a stipulated amount every 4 months.
Read: What Is CTC In Salary With Example?
Irregularities in PM Kishan Samman Nidhi Scheme
But, recently it came as a big cause of concern that nearly around 42 lakhs of beneficiaries were ineligible and this rendered a loss of around 3000 crore to the exchequer.
The figure was given by the government as a response in the Parliament.
Many ones out of these are fake and a large number were those who filed income tax returns.
Role of middlemen has also been traced which raises eyebrows regarding its sanctity.
States which carry the lion’s share of frauds are Assam, Tamilnadu, Punjab and Maharashtra along with others also.
Read : What do You need To Know About The Credit Score?
Judiciary has also expressed its anguish over such matters and termed it necessary to prevent such happenings.
This defies the mandate of the PM-KISAN scheme to target those who really need it and necessitates strict monitoring through all means to check this blunder so the scheme gets implemented in true letter and spirit.
Attempts are on to recover the amounts from those who availed benefits but stands out of the loop.
What is the land holding limit in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna?
Earlier it was upto maximum 2 hectares, but from June, 2019 it was made for all farm households with cultivable land without any limit.
Which documents are necessary to avail the benefit Under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna?
Now onwards, Ration Card with all its details, has been added in the list of Aadhaar, Bank Passbook and declaration form. Upload has to done on the portal in soft copies.
Who is not eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna Scheme?
Anyone drawing pension, doctors, lawyers and CAs, farmer with land in parents’ or
grandparents’ name, govt. employee and retired officers.
Our PM has clearly indicated that farmer friendly efforts are priorities for the government and it is fully committed to double the farm income as well as turning agriculture into a remunerative sector.
PM Kishan Samman Nidhi Scheme holds a vital place if there arises talk regarding the steps for providing philip to the farm sector.
Farmers can check the status of PM Kishan Samman Nidhi Yojna: Check Status
Along with other programs it has the potential to revive the fortune of our farmers.
We must be hopeful and determined to make this scheme a success laced with transparency and strength.