The BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO scheme | (BBBP) Yojna was introduced by the Indian government with consideration of gender discrimination and girls management within the whole country.
Beti Bachao, Beti padhao translates to ‘ Save the girl child, educate the girl child.
The theme aims to coach voters against gender bias and improve welfare services for ladies. It was launched with initial funding of Rs 100 crore( US$ 13.5 million).
Beti Bachao, Beti padhao was launched by our honorable Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, together with the government’s flagship programs. The theme addresses the decreasing kid sed ratio relation and connected problems with girls management on an extended basis.
It focuses on difficult mindsets. It lays stress on empowering the girl child and making their education advance. Overall, this scheme works for women in the early stages to equip them with health, wealth, education, and the knowledge required to change their future once she grows up. The most significant objective of the scheme is the upliftment of girl children across the country by providing financial help for their future. The project has been launched in full force in around 100 gender critical districts of India.
The characteristics of the scheme.
- The debates and discourse concerning reducing the child sex ratio (CSR) to spread awareness and make specific improvements.
- It encourages community participation and dealing with higher development concerning the expansion and birth of a girl child.
- Training native governing authorities and conjointly and workers of presidency organization and faculties with the rally.
- The BBBP scheme aims at safeguarding girl children and stopping inhumanity in the country.
- The main objective of this scheme was to stop child marriage and ensure the safety of girl children (mental and physical harassment).
- Financial help for girl children is highlighted through the BBBP scheme and with a thought towards increasing their future education, personal growth, etc.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PMKSNY Scheme): A LEAP FOR REFORM
Who is eligible for this scheme?
When it involves eligibility for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, here are some key points to be kept in mind.
- A family should consist of a girl child below the age of 10.
- The family should have a bank account named a Sukanaya Samridhi or SSA, which must be opened in any Indian bank in the girl child’s name.
- The girl should be a resident of India. NRI girls don’t have the eligibility to get benefits from the BBBP scheme.
Documents required to avail of this scheme
Here is a list of a few documents used for the successful application of this scheme.
- Proof of identity of the parents, i.e., Ration Card and Aadhar Card.
- A Birth Certificate that any government body has clarified
- Proof of Address significantly Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Water Bill, etc.
- Driving Licence or Passport
- Lastly, a Passport size Photo is required.
Also Read: Top 4 Pradhan Mantri Schemes
What are the steps to apply for it?
There are elementary steps to avail of the scheme are mentioned below.
- Go to the post office or nearby bank, where the scheme is accessible easily.
- Therefore collect the form and fill up the application form of BBBP/SSA correctly attach all the required documents to the form
- Submit the form to the particular post office or the offices in the banks.
- Based on this form, your account will be opened in your girl’s name and for herself.
- However, now you can easily avail the benefits of this scheme in her account for herself.
1) What is the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme about?
The scheme is about financial help to the needy girl child. And also their safety.
2) When was the scheme launched?
This scheme was launched on the 22nd of January,2015, in Haryana.
3) What is the complete form of BBBP?
The complete full form of BBBP is Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
4) What is the complete form of SSY?
The complete form of SSY is Sukanya Samriddhi YoYojana.
5)When are the withdrawals allowed?
The withdrawals are only allowed once the girl is 18 years old.
6)Will familiar people get the benefit of this scheme?
No ordinary people won’t get the benefits of this scheme. This scheme is only for girls’ children.
7) Where was the BBBP scheme started?
The BBBP scheme was started in Haryana in the year 2015.
8) What is the range of maximum deposit limits in a year?
The maximum amount that can be deposited in a year is around 1.5 lakh.
9) Is this scheme applicable to the whole country?
Yes, this scheme is applicable all over India.
So to save the girl child, the most important thing is to be happy for the birth of one’s daughter equally as the son. However, one should stand for girls’ rights and maintain safe surroundings for them.