The Atal Pension Yojana scheme was initiated by the Prime Minister of our nation Shri Narendra Modi. This scheme was started on 1st June 2015. Under the scheme, after 60 years of inheritors, an amount varying from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 will be provided as a pension to the older people. Under Atal Pension Yojana, the pension amount will be decided based on the beneficiaries’ age and investment.
In Atal Pension Yojana 2022, you can be permitted to get more pensions every month by depositing a minor amount. Still, you can also benefit from it for your family in case of untimely death. Today in this article, we will share information related to the Registration Process, Eligibility, Required Documents, etc.; read this writing attentively till the end.
Features and Benefits of Atal Pension Yojana
Following are the salient features of the APY scheme.
- The Government of India guarantees the minimum pension to the individual after his retirement.
- Atal Pension Yojana tax benefit is available on the investment made in this scheme, under section 80CCD.
- All bank account holders can join this scheme.
- People who invest in this start getting a pension after attaining 60 years of age.
- Employees working in the private sector who do not get any pension benefits can also apply for this scheme.
- There is an option to get a fixed pension of Rs 1,000, Rs 2,000, Rs 3,000, Rs 4,000, or Rs 5,000 after turning 60.
- After the account holder’s death during this scheme, their spouse can either withdraw the money deposited or complete the scheme’s tenure.
Eligibility Criteria of Atal Pension Yojana 2022
Following are the eligibility criteria of the Atal Pension Yojana:
- It is necessary to be a citizen of India to invest in it.
- Age should be between 18 to 40 years.
- Must have an active mobile number.
- Must be a valid bank account number linked to an Aadhaar number.
- All the details related to ‘Know Your Customer‘ have to be given.
- The account holder should not already have an APY account.
Also read : How to apply for soil health card .
How can you fill Atal Pension Yojana 2022 Form easily?
Once you get the Atal Pension Yojana form, it is easy to fill it out.
Step 1: Handling the Form
This form has to be reloaded to the Branch Manager. You can find out the name of your branch director by calling the bank or visiting there. Now you have to Enter your bank name and branch name.
Step 2: Bank details
Fill the form in Block letters. First, you have to deliver your bank details. Enter your bank account digit, bank name, and department name. It is essential to fill this field.
Step 3: Personal details
- Tick the box next to “Mr.”, “Mrs.” or “Kum.” as appropriate. Tick ”Mr” if you are a male candidate. Tick ”Mrs.” if you are a wedded Female Candidate. Tick ”Kumari” if you are an unmarried female candidate.
- Married applicants have to enter the name of their spouse.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, and age.
- Enter your mobile number, email address, and Aadhaar number.
- After that, you can enter the name of your nominee and your relationship with him. In case of your death, your nominee will get your money.
- If the nominee is older than you, you have to enter their date of birth and the guardian’s name.
- You must also state whether the nominee has any other statutory sociable shield scheme and is an income taxpayer.
Also read : Top 4 Pradhan Mantri Scheme
Is it necessary to submit an Aadhaar number while registering for this scheme?
It is not mandatory to provide an Aadhaar number while subscribing to it. Still, an Aadhaar card is used by banks as the main KYC document to identify the beneficiaries, nominee, and spouse of the subscriber.
2)Can I open an Atal Pension Yojana account without a savings account?
The candidate must have a savings bank account while applying for this scheme.
4)Is it necessary for the subscribers to have a nominee while joining the Atal Pension Yojana?
Yes, it is necessary to have a nominee. While applying for Atal Pension Yojana, along with giving the details of your spouse, you have to give the details of the nominee. Aadhar details of spouse and nominee also have to be given.
5)How many Atal Pension Yojana accounts can a subscriber open?
A subscriber can open only one Atal Pension Yojana account, which will be unique to him.
6)Can I join Atal Pension Yojana without having an Aadhaar number?
An aadhaar number is not required while opening the Atal Pension Yojana account. Still, Aadhaar details will be required to enroll the names of the beneficiaries and spouses and identify the nominee.